The Eastman Building was a hub of activity in the early days of Boise City. Situated at the corner of Main Street & 8th Street, the Eastman had retailers on the street, offices on the upper floors. It was filled to the max in the 1920's. The Boise Redevelopment Agency bought it in 1974 and the building burnt down a few years later. It became "The Hole". Eventually, 35+ years, the Hole was transformed into the Zions Bank Building. 8th & Main- The Eastman Building.